Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cleaning Samantha's lunch tin

  1. #1
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Samantha's lunch tin is quite tarnished. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could clean it? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Aimee

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used to clean mine with brass polisher (don't remember a specific brand, I imagine they would all work about the same)

    Good luck in cleaning up Sam's lunchtin!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had the same problem a few months ago and someone on the board suggested I use toothpaste. It worked great! It has to be normal toothpaste, not the clear gel kind.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, both of you! Toothpaste... would regular Crest toothpaste work? We have that, but I'm not sure if we have brass polish.

    Aimee

  5. #5
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Regular Crest would work, do you have an old toothbrush you could use to scrub it with? Make sure to scrub in a circular motion [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ August 20, 2003 10:22 PM: Message edited by: EmilyStrange ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks. One more question, if you don't mind... Do I leave the toothpaste on and then later rub it off, or wash it off with water immediately? Or something else I haven't thought of?

    Aimee

  7. #7
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A toothbrush would work best. Put the toothpaste on the toothbrush and then firmly press the toothbrush on the tin and scrub in circular motion. Use a damp cloth or paper towel to take the access toothpaste off.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks so much, Emily! I'll try it later today.

    Aimee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •